Travels

One side of life is like Heaven – the other side being Hell.

My road to recovery forks into a fog…Right? Left? – I cannot tell.

This mist covers the east – which leads to Eternal Peace Inns & Suites,

So I take a brief detour through the land of Lyrical Sayings and Imagined Beats.

Each resident here looks just like me –

Same swing, same sway, same spirit – music sets us free.

Until the fog clears, I will continue to enjoy my stay –

My box of chocolates may be empty, but truth in words saves the day.

The sun will soon shine on my road – blazing forth as a savage beast unleashed –

This land will have known me as their own…before I pack up and head back east.

The straight and narrow road is not always comfortable – nor is it nice.

Hearts abandoned to be laughed at, scorned, and singular – frozen in lonesome ice.

But this road will forever direct the soul of one whose mind is for right,

Though darkness may surround, engulf, and cause sleepless nights.

With gratefulness each morning, a new day never fails to dawn,

On the lover of truth – making wisdom, understanding, and peace his spawn.

The music never stops, the beats go on, the word forever speaks,

Until that long awaited arrival at Eternal Peace Inns & Suites.

Advertisements

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. buildingalifeofhope
    Feb 07, 2015 @ 07:52:16

I’ve missed the gift of your words! Strong and forthright that clearly sprung from a place of pain.

• Charlene Woodley
      Feb 09, 2015 @ 22:53:28

It is always a joy to read your deep perceptions…I have been fighting to get back to where I belong and it feels wonderful to have finally taken that first step – again. 😉 ❤

2. Christy Birmingham
    Feb 08, 2015 @ 23:10:59

Ah, you are returning to the music-filled land of poetry, where heaven is shining and hell can stay away while we engulf ourselves in sweet words such as yours, Charlene. Welcome back, sweetie ♥

3. Sean Michael
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 02:19:10

Really great poem. Thank you for sharing.

4. dragonscaleclippings
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 17:20:09

I really liked this Charlene – made me think of a modern day pilgrim’s progress – really encouraging poetry – thank you!

• Charlene Woodley
      Mar 12, 2015 @ 07:07:35

“Modern day pilgrim’s progress”…what a splendidly insightful description! So glad you stopped by and happy that you were encouraged, Freya. No doubt, we will keep the encouragement transactions alive! ❤ 🙂